- Learning the Magic of Helping Stories for Children in Need
- Come join us to learn how to create healing and therapeutic stories for the children in your lives. Together we will explore the techniques and structures to developing original stories for children. With the help of archetypes, metaphors, and story motifs, you will learn to craft magical stories to touch, support, and heal a child’s heart.
- For those of you who feel that you are not talented at writing or telling stories, you will be amazed to learn that you are innately gifted simply because you are human. For eons, the human heart and soul have been guided and warmed through the language of pictures – story. Movies, plays and books have spoken to each of us and helped us at various points in our own lives. Now, begin to learn the craft of storytelling and creation as we enter the power of story together!
- When: Saturday, June 8 from 10am-2pm
- Where: Maple Village Waldorf School
- Cost: $30 for individuals and $40 for couples
- How to enroll: Put your name along with your payment (cash or check made out to Kathy Rinden) in a designated envelope, which you will find in the school office. We need a minimum of 6 participants to hold the class.
- Kathleen Rinden, M.A. has been a Waldorf Kindergarten teacher for 22 years. She has been trained in Therapeutic Storytelling by both Nancy Mellon and Susan Perrow.
- Held in MVWS Social Hall, all are welcome to attend!
- For more info and schedule, check in with your child’s class teacher.
- Preschool-to-Kindergarten Transition Night
Tuesday, June 4th
5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- For parents of current preschool students who will be entering kindergarten in fall 2019.
- Thursday, May 30th
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
(Free Childcare provided from 6 – 8 p.m.)
Please join us next week for our last Parent Village Meeting of the year! Committee chairs will share updates and goals for next year followed by committee break-out sessions. The plan is for the last 30 minutes to be open for catching up with friends or getting home for bedtime.
Don’t forget, your family earns one volunteer credit for attending! Childcare is being provided free of charge (donated by a MV Parent) from 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Please RSVP to the main office for childcare by phone at (562) 434-8200 or email email@example.comJennie Virgilio & Britt Sexton
Parent Village Co-Chairs
- MVWS End-of-Year Chorus & Strings Concert
- Grades 4 – 8 performing
Tuesday, May 28, 2019
6:00 – 7:00 PM
Grace First Presbyterian Church
3955 North Studebaker Road
Long Beach, CA 90808
- All are invited to this special end-of-year concert of beautiful music created by our student groups working together with each other and with their amazing teachers!
- Chorus call time: 4:30
- Strings call time: 5:15
- Performers should wear dark-colored bottoms with a light-colored top.
- A group photo will be taken before the concert begins.
- No school.