Book Study Group
All MVWS parents and community members are invited to join a new book study group led by MVWS Kindergarten teacher Kathy Rinden. The first book studied will be “The Education of the Child” by Rudolf Steiner. We will meet for 5 Wednesdays from 6-7:30pm in the Grove. The dates will be March 27, April 3, April 10, May 1, and May 8th.
- Topic: 6-year-old change
- The Board of Trustees invites all MVWS community members to join us for a follow-up Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, March 21 from 6:15 to 8:15 p.m. in the social hall.
- We want to share our progress with you on next year’s budget, enrollment, and update you on our current financial picture. Please join us again.
- Free childcare is available with RSVP to the front office.
- Walk Through the Classes
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Are you interested in checking out Maple Village?
- Our Dean of Education, Lisa J. McCarthy, will take a small group of parents into each of our classrooms (preschool through 8th grade) to observe for a short time while the classes are in session. Afterwards, there will be time for questions and discussion.
- Walkthroughs are for adults only (babes in arms ok), and RSVP is required by calling us at 562-434-8200 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discussion with the Dean
(Note the change in time this month. We are trying to stagger times and are hoping this might be convenient for people to come a bit early before dismissal. EC families, please reserve aftercare asap through the office if you would like to attend (spaces limited). Look for an evening Discussion with the Dean in April!)Friday, March 15th1:00 – 2:30The Grove RoomHow is Waldorf at the cutting edge of education?I will be bringing information and inspiration from the NAIS Conference and linking it to Waldorf education.Bring your favorite beverage, paper and pen. (If you feel inspired to bring a snack to share, feel free!)RSVP’s are helpful, so please email email@example.com if you plan to attend.
- All Maple Village parents, guardians and community members are invited to a Parent Village Meeting on Thursday, March 7th from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. Free childcare for children age 3 and up is available from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. with reservation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The meeting itself is for adults only. See you there!