The Gift of ” No”
But will disciplining my child push us apart? Kim John Payne addresses this in the video below.
- Dear Maple Village Community,
- You are invited to gather with other parents and join this discussion! This event happens the first Friday of every month, with a different topic each time.
DISCUSSION WITH THE DEAN
THIS MONTH’S TOPIC:
The Gift of ’No’ – Please read this article ahead of time.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1ST
9:00 – 10:15 AM
THE GROVE ROOM
THIS IS A TIME FOR ADULTS ONLY AND IS FREE! BRING YOUR FAVORITE BEVERAGE AND AN OPEN MIND.
RSVPS ARE HELPFUL.
The Firkin Pub & Grill Fundraising DayThursday, January 31 11am – 11pm3411 E Broadway Ave (Broadway & Redondo)You just have to mention the school, and 20% of your entire check will be donated to the school (so it’s not limited to enrolled families!) There will also be an opportunity to donate an extra amount on your receipt. Open for lunch and dinner!Kid Friendly pub with large patio & firepit. Many vegan and vegetarian options as well as traditional pub fare. Burgers (impossible burger & veggie patty), salads, sandwiches, wine, beer. Also featuring Long Beach Creamery ice cream, Polly’s coffee, and Fine Feathers Kombucha!
- All-School Town Hall Meeting
- Wednesday, January 30th, 2019
- MVWS Social Hall
- Pre-sale on Friday, January 25th
- Item collection begins Tuesday, January 22nd
- Volunteers needed! Please contact the office if you can help. Volunteer hours will be awarded.
- All parents and caregivers of kindergarten students are invited to come hear Ms. Kathy and Ms. Charlotte discuss first grade readiness. This evening is for adults only.
- Childcare is available at the rate of $10 per child ($5 each additional sibling), payable in cash at the time of sign-up. Reservations are required for childcare. To sign up, please bring your cash payment to the front office and add your child’s name to the reservation list. Reservations will not be accepted without payment.
- Walk Through the Classes
- Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am
- Are you interested in checking out Maple Village?
- Our Dean of Education, Lisa J. McCarthy, will take a small group of parents into each of our classrooms (preschool through 8th grade) to observe for a short time while the classes are in session. Afterwards, there will be time for questions and discussion.
- Walkthroughs are for adults only (babes in arms ok), and RSVP is required by calling us at 562-434-8200 or emailing us at email@example.com.
- Families enrolled in Winter Parent/Toddler have a two-week window to reenroll in the Spring session before spots are offered to the waitlist. Please see Alice in the front office to reenroll.