« All Events
Storytelling Workshop w/ Kathy Rinden
June 8 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Learning the Magic of Helping Stories for Children in Need
- Come join us to learn how to create healing and therapeutic stories for the children in your lives. Together we will explore the techniques and structures to developing original stories for children. With the help of archetypes, metaphors, and story motifs, you will learn to craft magical stories to touch, support, and heal a child’s heart.
- For those of you who feel that you are not talented at writing or telling stories, you will be amazed to learn that you are innately gifted simply because you are human. For eons, the human heart and soul have been guided and warmed through the language of pictures – story. Movies, plays and books have spoken to each of us and helped us at various points in our own lives. Now, begin to learn the craft of storytelling and creation as we enter the power of story together!
- When: Saturday, June 8 from 10am-2pm
- Where: Maple Village Waldorf School
- Cost: $30 for individuals and $40 for couples
- How to enroll: Put your name along with your payment (cash or check made out to Kathy Rinden) in a designated envelope, which you will find in the school office. We need a minimum of 6 participants to hold the class.
- Kathleen Rinden, M.A. has been a Waldorf Kindergarten teacher for 22 years. She has been trained in Therapeutic Storytelling by both Nancy Mellon and Susan Perrow.