Dear Parents of the Manzanita Class,
Please join me and the Shady Trees parents for a combined parent meeting on:
• Thursday evening, April 4, 2019,
• from 6:30 – 8:00 PM,
• in our current middle school classroom,
to look ahead, with more detail, to the combined middle school class, Grades 6, 7 & 8, for the upcoming school year 2019/2020.
I welcome you all to participate in this meeting, regardless of your plans for next year, especially because we will be talking about child development of the turning-12s through age 14. We will, also, be looking at the curriculum, how the main lesson blocks and skills track classes will be structured, and how we are including common core skills practice in preparation for high school. Please, RSVP to me with any questions and to confirm your attendance. Please sign up with Alice, as far ahead as possible, if you are interested in having childcare for that night.
I look forward to spending the evening with you,
- Friday, September 22nd, 2017
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- 100 Aquarium Way
- Long Beach, CA 90802
- Leave school at 10:15, arrive at Alamitos bay landing at 10:30.
- Board aqualink and depart at 11 am. About 20 minute ride.
- Get to AquariumOfPacific, eat outside.
- There’s a nice shaded amphitheater area.
- Get to aquarium entrance by 12.
- Stay for a while, maybe explore the dock area for a bit.
- Board aqualink and depart at 3:15.
- Back to Alamitos bay landing at approx 3:45. Back to school at 4!
- Aquarium $7/person (except teacher)
- Aqualink $5 to aquarium
- $5 back to Alamitos bay landing
- Total: $17/ person
- Bring lunch/snack/water bottle and an extra snack as we will be returning later.
- Permission slip
- Friday, September 15th, 2017
- Heritage Park
12100 Mora Dr., Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- We will leave the MVWS campus at 9:00 a.m. and return by 3:00 p.m.
- Parents are to send:
usual lunch, snack, and water bottle