- Dear families,
- We are excited for Orientation at the end of this month! Please read carefully for details.
- In the past we have held full group meetings in the social hall for approximately an hour. This included presentations from Administration, Parent Village, Extended Care, Scrip, etc. We have received feedback that this meeting can be overwhelming for parents, especially new families, and that it is difficult to digest all the information at once. To improve on this, instead of the longer group meeting, we will be having tables set up at check-in where you can interact with a representative from each realm. These stations will allow for a more personal experience and a chance to ask questions. We will still hold an abridged group meeting to introduce our faculty and hear from our Dean, Business Administrator and Registrar.
- Please allow at least 30 minutes (or more if you have detailed questions) to check in and visit all the stations.
- When you arrive:
Check-in: Staff will note your attendance, and this is where you will turn in your earthquake kit (and receive your old one if you did not pick it up earlier). You will also receive your Orientation station checklist. You may then visit the following stations in any order and receive a stamp at each one:
- Harvest Faire
- Parent Village
- Extended Care
- Food Bank (new!)
- Finance/Business Administrator
- Once you have visited each station and your checklist is completed, please return your checklist to the check-in table. Parents attending both Orientation evenings will only need to visit stations and do their checklist once.
Times for Early Childhood Orientation – Wednesday, August 28:
(includes Parent/Toddler, Preschool & Kindergarten)
- 4:45 – 5:30: Check in and visit stations
- 5:30 – 6:00: Group meeting in social hall
- 6:00 – 6:45: Continue visiting stations (those who have finished all stations can chat with our Dean in the social hall or socialize!)
- 6:45 – 8:00: Classroom Orientation meetings with your child’s teacher in their classroom
- What to Bring:
- Earthquake Kit (toddler students exempt)
- Pen and paper for note-taking
- Reusable water bottle for water/beverages (to honor our commitment to sustainability, we will not have disposable cups for use)
- Thank you for taking the time to attend this important meeting. Orientation is required for at least one parent or guardian per student. In order to focus on the information at hand, this evening is for adults only. Please note that we do not have childcare or supervision available on-site and plan accordingly.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please email alice.stevens@
maplevillageschool.org. We look forward to seeing you in just a few weeks!
- Families enrolled in Winter Parent/Toddler have a two-week window to reenroll in the Spring session before spots are offered to the waitlist. Please see Alice in the front office to reenroll.